From:
Tracy Tunnison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 1996 16:11:50 -0400
Bill wrote:
>Canned not kibbled. We don't like the kibbled Science Diet much but the
>Science Diet Prescription A/D is an excellent food for ill or young ferrets
>You can only get A/D through a vet but we much prefer it to the Science Diet
>Feline growth - the ferrets do really.

I don't mean to nick-pick Bill, but when I said Science Diet, that's exactly
what I meant.  Science Diet and Prescription Diet are two totally separate
lines of food from Hills.  Prescription Diet A/D is excellent for ferrets
being nursed for whatever reason.  It has very condensed calories and such
so a sick ferret doesn't need to eat as much as normal (we all know making a
sick fuzzy eat can be difficult, so the less needed the better).  Science
Diet used to be ok for ferrets but they changed the formula.

>+Renaissance '96
>+Championship Ferret Show
>+November 9, 1996
>+Lansing, MI
>+Sponsor: Great Lakes Ferret Assoc.
>+Call: 800-807-4617

Again, here is another spot that has some misinformation about the GLFA
show, the correct contact is:
Tracy Tunnison
PO Box 156
Sidney, Mi. 48885
ph:(517)328-3903
email:[log in to unmask]

>From:    Laura Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
>I'm glad I'm not the only one who modifies songs to sing to their ferrets.

I couldn't agree more with this sentence!!  I'm always afraid someones going
to walk up behind me while I'm singing to my babies (I have NO voice at
all!).  It started when I had gotten in a shelter ferret named Loco.  His
cage just happened to be on the end where I started in the morning checking
food and water.  I would walk up to him and start singing "Locomotion".  He
(and everyone else) really seemed to enjoy this so I continued daily.
Recently Loco Motion (as I "finished" naming him), found a wonderful home
and I told his new mommy about the song and she promised to sing it for
him :) Now, I make up songs for all of them!

To Laura Bosch re:digging in litter
This tip only works if your ferrets are caged. When I go through and change
litter boxes in all the kit cages, I make sure everyone is out playing for
at least a couple of hours before putting them back in. They seem to ignore
the new litter better this way (they will still *usually* go back in the
cage to do their duty) but have more interest in being out playing. When
they are put back in their cages, they are usually ready for a nap and by
the time someone gets the idea of digging in the litter, it's already been
used and then they don't dig. I used to change litter with them still in the
cage and this seems to be a sure fire way to entice them to dig. Hope this
helps! :)

Tracy and her Fuzzy Friends
Mid-Michigan Ferrets
GLFA Show Registrar