Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 05:41:33 -0500
Janice,

I personally will NOT buy any Marshall products or ferrets due to the
fact that they sell a lot of their ferrets and beagles to labs only to
have cruel and inhumane "research and testing" done to them.

I like 8-in-1 a lot.  Most of my ferret supplies come from them.

I'd stick with the raisins, Cheerios, etc just because you know what you
are giving your ferrets and not taking any chances with the commercial
treats that could have too much suger and what not.  I find it easier
to have Cheerios and raisins on hand then to have to run out to the pet
store and buy the commercial treats.

Hope that helps.

~Susie and Brood from Wakefield, MA USA~ 8 ferrets, 30 rats, 5 mice,
 2 cats ~

I have a question regarding the different brands of items that are
offered in the pet stores.  Other than the food, is there really a
difference between the different brands of ferret items?  Here are a
couple of examples.  Ear cleaner -- Marshall's or Shepherd & Green.
Ferretone -- Marshall's or 8-in-1.  The vitamin paste -- Marshall's
or 8-in-1.  So on and so forth.  Also, are the ferret treats I see in
the pet stores okay for ferrets or should I stick with small pieces of
cheerios, raisins, fish, etc.  I figure the commercial ferret treats
would just be a lot easier to give and I'd always be able to have them
on hand (with little effort).  I've even seen a couple marketed as
vitamin suppliments and one for skin & coat.

Janice