Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:02:20 -0700
I said I did not want to look.  Photos of tragedy affect me for a very
long time.  Forever.  So, I usually choose not to look.  The written
account of the Hagerstown ferret rescue was enough.  So I said.
Something told me, I wasn't believing.  I didn't understand the horror.
The need.  Something to just put in the back of my mind.  Don't look.
Why upset myself.  I went to read a bit about the rescue.  Accidentally
clicked on the ferret photos, then looked at each and every one.  On
purpose.  I saw, believed, it's real.  Sadness, depression, pain, no
laughing eyes, no *looking cute*.  I also saw HOPE.  A chance for life,
a beginning.  A sense of humor from the rescuers.  I will be sending a
donation to help these folks make a new life possible for these babies,
and to honor those that just could not survive.  Not much, compared to
the needs, but small amounts add up.  Please help if you can.

Ardith,
on behalf of the Northern Nevada Ferret Network

The story
http://www.pooflinger.com/hagerstown/index.html
The Faces
http://www.pooflinger.com/hagerstown/ferrets.html