From:
Michelle D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 06:06:13 -0700
This is a case that happened in Japan recently. Here is what I remember
from the summary of the information I made for others at that time:

One of SONY's employees was just all over the news... 2 weeks ago for
torturing and killing 2-3 dozen small animals. The man posted video of
himself brutilizing a ferret on youtube, and some people recognized
something in the video and sent notice to the cops in that area -
southern Japan. Of course he got off with a slap on the wrist, but
it's really bad PR for SONY. The second hit for them. His excuse was
that he needed relief from his stressful job.

Among the many animals killed were hamsters, ferrets, rabbits, and
(other I don't know.)

It was the most horrifying thing I ever saw (and I was unfortunate
enough to see the actual video of Saddam's Hanging. :( ). I saw about
5 seconds of it before I had to turn off the sound. I thought I was
going to be sick.

Probably the only person to complain to is the Japanese Ambassador.
Or go through Humane Society and/or PETA - some international animal
organization. (I know both routinely protest the Yearly Japanese
Dolphin Slaughter.) Or do both. Animals have a luxurious life in
America, even compared to Japan.

Sorry I can't remember anymore.

Ferret Research:  http://ferretknots.blogspot.com/
Ferret Resources: http://nippynihon.blogspot.com/

[A later addendum:]
I wanted to add that many ferret lovers in Japan are also upset that
the man got nothing more than a slap onthe wrist, but I've heard
many consoling themselves with the fact that his face was literally
*plastered* all over the news. It was even on the news where I am-
up north in the country. (Location was Shinakawa Prefecture.)

Japan, being what it is, he will have hard time getting a good job
after that. And it hurts SONY's reputation too.