From:
Rochelle Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 11:15:42 -0500
>We sat beside him and watched in silence for a few minutes before he
>looked up at us and said, wide eyed and with a sincere nod, "I like
>mukkeys." We thought, "Good guess, kiddo," they are very like monkeys, er
>...mukkeys.

Hey, you think that's bad?  I was talking about comparative cognition in the
undergrad course I'm teaching;  since different experimenters have tested
different primates, I had a little graph on the board, showing where some of
these different species fell (i.e., these are old world monkeys, these are
new world monkeys....).   One of my students asked me where in there ferrets

Scary thing is, she's one of my better students.  So, hey, that toddler was
right up there with my undergrads....

-rochelle  (who had a very hard time keeping a straight face in class...)