From:
Laura Martinez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:58:26 -0400
I apologize if this is a duplication of information....

Just as an FYI to those of you thinking about the Veterinary Pet Insurance
plan, I put in applications for my four guys.  Three of them were rejected
outright (not even a pre-existing condition rider) for having Inflammatory
Bowel Disease.  Of course, they were pleased as punch to have 8-month-old,
no-more-than-vaccinations (knock wood) Rusty on board.

Let me head some folks off at the pass: I realize that these companies are
not in business to discount my vet bills--they are there to make money.
All insurance policies are wagers between you and the insurance
company--they're betting nothing will happen, and you're betting it will.

I guess I just got my hopes up too soon.

Although I am curious about one situation: Hank's IBD bloodwork came out
good this month, and he has another checkup in a month.  If his checkups
continue to be good, and at some point the vet declares the condition
cured, I am wondering if the insurance company will review the situation
again.  If he is declared "cured", I may try to have the case reviewed.

Anyway, just thought you all might be interested.