From:
Jan Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 23:37:13 -0400
Michele and Philip,

I wish you luck in finding a home for your little ones.  But as a last
resort, here are two resources if all else fails.

1) BRING them to the Toronto Humane Society and officially surrender them,
(this will involve a small fee towards their care)-this is very important
as THS no longer accept "strays" and these poor animals are now shipped off
to municipal, overcrowded pounds, who may euthanise them.  Let me know when
you are going to do this, and my "ferret volunteer" buddies and I will make
sure they have visits and exercise until they can be adopted.  Surrendered
animals are not put to sleep and we will do our best for your babies.

2) Take them to the Ferret Aid Society in Missisauga, they have a web
site (www.ferretaid.org), with address and phone number etc., where they
will take good care of them, (but may give you a harder time about giving
them up, for all the best reasons, if you see what I mean!).  If you have
trouble contacting them, contact me and we will act as intermediaries.
They can get very swamped sometimes.

Anyway,hopefully it won't come to this.  You seem like you have thought
this through and I hope someone will be able to take them and give them a
loving home.  (Please try and "vet" the new prospective owners, no matter
how desperate you are.  Real ferret lovers won't think this is out of
place).  I already have 4 "illegal" ferrets, so I unfortunately I can't
help directly.  My email is [log in to unmask] and you can call me on
416-304-1375.  Please don't hesitate to call even if you just need more
information.

Jan and her 4 fuzzballs