From:
April Armstrong Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:28:51 -0500
Hi.  I haven't been on-list much lately, sadly-no time for much email-but
I have info on two groups of ferrets who need homes in the Worcester, MA
area.  Please email me directly at [log in to unmask] for more info
or if you can help:

1: "Bandit" is a 7-yr-old female (she turns 7 in March) who lost her
cagemate last year and whose family has developed terrible allergies to
her, and so doesn't get much playtime or snuggle time with anyone.  I
have seen her folks in the room with her-they are truly allergic, with
hives and tears streaming down their faces-and they feel really badly
about giving her up.  They truly love her, and have still been bringing
her to the vet as needed.  They had another group of two they were able
to place (there were two separate groups due to getting along issues).

"Bandit" comes with two large cages and all kinds of stuff, and her
owners are probably willing to help with her financially.  She is
relatively healthy-there was some question last spring as to whether
she might have an adrenal tumor due to some hair loss, but the hair has
regrown and she has no other symptoms at the moment.  Her owner would
likely want to help perhaps get her ultrasounded just in case.  I would
take her in a second, especially due to her age, but I just took Holly
in and currently she needs an adrenalectomy, and my Cora is currently
scheduled for her second in a year.

I believe "Bandit" got along fine with other ferrets.

2.  "Rascale" and a different "Bandit"-both females.  "Rascale", we
think, is about 5.5-6 years old, had a bout of diarrhea, weight loss,
etc. in August of 2002 when "Bandit" was brought home as a baby (resolved
within a couple of weeks on treatment), and has had no problems since,
though she has not been to a vet in a few years-last vax record I have
is 9/02.  "Bandit" is about 2.5 years old, with no problems.

The current owner is not really the owner-they were his wife's, they got
divorced, she left them with him some time ago (on purpose), and he is
not home often due to work, and feels badly that they don't get much
people time.  He will pay for them to go to the vet before they go home
with someone and get up to date on vaccines, etc.  They will come with
their big cage and all their stuff.  He does take care of them well other
than not spending much time with them (I have this from a friend who
referred him to me, and as she works at an animal shelter, I believe
her-she's the one who is really pushing him that they are not really
getting the care they need in terms of being in the cage too much and
having no people time).

Please let me know if you can help.  You can call 508-721-1259 (me) or
email me at [log in to unmask] (my hotmail account fills too quickly)
for more info or if you can help.  I will be away from Sunday Feb. 13
through Sat. Feb 19, FYI.  I don't get ro read the FML much :(, so
please contact me directly.

Thanks, April Armstrong Campbell and the Auburn Five (Cora, Holly,
Nicodemus, Finnegan, Bandit and from the Bridge, Renate, Sparkle,
Marley and Shannon)