From:
International Ferret Congress <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:19:25 -0500
It has been brought to our attention that someone named Tracy Lee Martin
of Ferndale, West Australia, has filed for a trademark on a logo that
infringes on the copyright of "Peaches" logo, designed and copyrighted by
Betty Janner for the exclusive use of the International Ferret Congress
as a trademark to promote its 2003 International Ferret Symposium(r).

To view the application, go to
http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/atmoss/falcon.application_start
and choose "enter as guest".  Search on Trademark # 982723.  The image
is clearly a simple copy of the ferret part of the Peaches logo.

The IFC and Betty Janner will vigorously defend our copyright.

Linda Iroff
Co-chair
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org

"Ferret Symposium" is a registered trademark of the International Ferret
Congress.  No claim is made to the exclusive right to use "Symposium"
apart from the mark as shown.