From:
Ted DeCastri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1992 10:44:44 -0400
The following message is forwarded from PETS

 > %: 274492 S11/Small Mammals
 >     09-Jul-92  10:06:09
 > Sb: Munchie Ferrets
 > Fm: Ted & Nanette DeCastri 71561,2231
 > To: all

[Aside from health alerts, and answers to questions asked here found
elsewhere, I'd rather not duplicate other electronic media.  Ie: if you
want to ask a question, please don't forward it to the FML if you've
posted it elsewhere.  This list is not intended to be simply a
regurgitation of rec.pets, Compuserve PET forum or anything else.]

Three of my ferrets (Pug, Penny, and Hobbes) seldom munch on anything other
than their own ferret food.  Their big treats are gotten from them stealing
bits of Dog food or Cat food from the bowls on the floor.  Nothing else
appeals to them except salty chips (potato and corn).  But here comes
Roxanne!  She's only 7 weeks now and still has baby fangs.  But she will
chow down on anything.  So far we've determined she loves pancakes with
syrup, steamed green beans, Plums, Potatoes, Cheese, and watermelon.
After 7+ years with one or more ferrets, I think it's really neat that she
lovews to munch.  My concern is that after so long with picky eaters, what
should I not give Roxanne?  I haven't really found what she doesn't like
yet?
What are the general munch habits of our fellow ferrets out there?
Ted.