From:
Misty Newkirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 09:17:08 -0400
Are their any clubs or shelters In Indiana?  Or in Kentucky around the
Louisville/Indiana border?  I live in Southern Indiana (still looking for
some ferret owners nearby..)

Has anybody got a postition on sterilizing your ferrets cage with Lysol
spray?  I have used it a couple if times, it makes her cage smell great (i
use the one that smells good) and i air dry the cage for about 20 minutes
before she is allowed back in.  Just wondering if that was ok or if it was a
nono.

I still know of 3 babies that need a home.  I posted yesterday about them,
but didnt really describe their temperments.  Their is a pair, and as I said
yesterday, this stupid lady bought them on a whim, because they were
cute..Now they are never played with, (but get out of cage) So I imagine
they are nippers, but very cute, and arent that old, maybe 5 months, so the
habit wont be hard to reverse after a couple months of love...Another is a
single ferret, veryvery well mannered andfrom a great home.  The girl is
coming homef rom college, and mom says No ferrets in the house, and she
doesnt want it to be outside, so she is going to sell it, cage and all.  I
want all of them, but my mom says no too..But I'll have my apt soon, full of
fuzzies <g>

Whicl leads me to my next item of business...Any tips on ferret-proofing an
apt?  Like, say, corners with carpet that could just be the next litterbox..
I want my deposit back you know!!  And I am purchasing a recliner..I know
those are dangerous..any suggestions?  I'd just panic if someone got hurt in
that thing.

Any help is very appreciated =)
Hugs and Ferret Kisses.. Misty and Skittles..