From:
"Lisa Marie S. Taliercio" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 12:46:13 -0400
Dear Fellow Fuzzy Lovers,
    It's been a while since we've written (due to University e-mail
problems) but we are back.  I've been reading some of the back issues, and
some of the posts are impossibly funny.  For all you newcomers out there we
(my boyfriend and I) own two sable 1 year old ferrets, Picabo and Goober.
They are like the sun and moon when it comes to personalities.  Picabo is
very smart, she schemes a lot, but she is also skittish and does not like to
be held.  Goober, on the other hand, is deaf and like it that way.  It gives
her an excuse for being the Forrest Gump of ferrets.  She loves to fall into
places where she can't get out, and when you take her out (of say a garbage
can) she falls right back in.  Usually this ritual goes on until we put her
in her cage, and then she has more important things to worry about (like how
to get out).

    I've been reading about bathing ferrets and I guess now would be a good
time to ask about our fuzzies.  Bath time is not fun time for our girls.
Goober usually flattens out and doesn't move (while this makes it easy for
us to wash her I feel bad) and Picabo puts her claws out and jumps onto
anything she can (like my arm or chest).  As everyone on this list knows,
this is not fun for humans.  We wash then in the tub, and we only put about
a centimeter of water in the tub (at the deep end).  For some reason they
can't stand water.  Can someone suggest a way to get our fuzzies to like
taking baths?  Any help would be appreciated!!

Sincerely,
Picabo (I'm NOT going in there)
Goober (Life is like a bottle of ferretone...)
Lisa and Rob (Hey..we weren't the ones who needed to take the bath)