Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 18:03:00 -0700
Greetings to all, I need to find a home or I will be in BIG trouble with
the hubby - he was not pleased with me - my limit is four.  Darn, June, you
would have been the perfect solution, I wish I had known you were looking
to add another to your gang (he,he,he) are we ever actually looking?

I rescued the ferret from Mt. Vernon with no cage, but if somebody wants a
ferret bad enough, they can buy a cage - the ferret is free.  These people
were feeding it Kix cereal and NOTHING else.  He is very underweight and
malnourished.  Its ears, eyes and nose are normal and it has plenty of
energy.  I gave it some Totally Ferret when I got home and it immediately
ate the entire bowl, then he was so worried I would take it away that he
started hiding it in the pillow I gave him, he also had some Ferrevite.  He
is a very sweet ferret and appears to be descented and definitely fixed.
NO tattoo in the ears so it is hard to say if it came from a pet store or
not - they got him from a shelter and he is four months old (probably from
a pet store since MOST vets will not alter this young).  I just brought him
home two hours ago so I am monitoring his poop.  I loaned my isolation cage
to someone and so I have to keep him in the upstairs bathroom (away from my
ferrets).  I want to find a good home BEFORE I get too attached since I
cannot afford five (vet bills are killing me).  He is a VERY dark silver
with white knee pads, white toes, a white blaze and v-mask with a white
bib.  Very pretty and will be a spectacular once up to size.  I can tell he
just needs TLC and that he is otherwise fine.  I may end up keeping him so
if somebody EXPERIENCED and KNOWLEDGEABLE wants him for free, they can call
me for an interview.  He will only go to a very good home, no inexperienced
people allowed since he was abused.  I have no idea how he will get along
with others.  I am going to be very picky about who he goes to, because he
is free and needs good care.

If anyone wants to be interviewed for possible adoption, email me and I
will give you my phone number.  I may also want to come out and see its
new surroundings to make sure that nobody is "blowing smoke up my ***"

Please do not flame me for taking this ferret in without expecting to keep
it, I know I can find a better home than what it was enduring, and if not,
I will find a way to keep him, since it is my responsibility.

Thanks and take care~

Danielle