From:
Kim VanderLaan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 00:27:35 EDT
>From:    kathryn terhune-cotton <[log in to unmask]>
>I need some expert advice here please.  First off, what type of harness
>have you experienced ferret folks used?  I've tried two different cat
>harnesses for Jester.  One is an 'H' shaped (goes around his neck and
>chest attached by a single strap on the back), and an '8' shaped one.

I've used the velcro and Marshall Farms "H" harnesses.  I don't really care
for then velcro ones.  I do like the MF ones.  I have a female +/- 1.5
pounds and a male +/- 3 pounds.  The MF harness is fully adjustable for
both.  I believe it will fit a female smaller than mine and I know it will
fit a bigger male.  The harnesses (all harnesses) have to be snug or the
ferrets will wriggle out of them.  I have had no problems with the MF
harnesses.  No escapes, freedom of movement, etc.

Kim and The Dynamic Duo