From:
Chet Duda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 1998 02:36:24 -0500
Hi everyone!

I'm extremely new at this so please bear with me.  First an introduction is
in order, I think.  I live in a one bedroom apartment (a fairly large one
thank God) with my fiancee, Rocky (the 17 pound cat), and my four fuzzies:
Marius, Frederick, Victor, and Dot.  Dot is the first female ferret we have
owned out of 6.  Marius was a purchase on a visit to my parents.  We saw
him in the pet store while buying food for the one we had at that time.
Frederick was a moral support (aka crutch when we lost our second one).
Victor was a shelter ferret with a bad leg and Dot was simply too cute to
pass up.

Boy, this is already longer than intended!!

To the point, Dot (a beautiful blaze with a spot of brown in the middle of
her forhead) has always loved swimming in the tub.  We simply have a
shallow old crate with plexiglass at one end for her to climb on when she
gets tired.  This ferret loves to dive to the bottom of the tub and "swim"
along until she needs to come up for air.  This has turned into a wonderful
way to expend some of her boundless energy before actually getting down to
bathing.

She has fun.  She has not come down with a cold in the two years of her
short life.  I have an easier time trimming her nails afterward.  I think
this is a wonderful, natural tranquilizer.

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas on cabinet blockades and interesting
toys!

Brenda and the gang