Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 23:31:40 -0600
Hi Everyone,

I need to ask those of you who have tried the Devil's Club Supreme what
your opinions are RE: the grain alcohol content, which the bottle states
to be between 45 and 55 %.  That sounds scary for me, but it is the same
bottle that The New Rainbow Bridge web sight advertises as being hopefully
beneficial for treating insulinoma.  The dosage is 5 drops every 12 hours.
Fang's blood glucose has lingered in the mid fifties for the last month,
but he is acting quite well, and I hate to put him back on pred.  He has
only been on the Devil's Club for one week.

My helpmates and human angels out there remember that Fang went from
insulinoma (surgery, then pred)  to diabetes; then totally normal blood
glucose readings and seamingly normal health for almost three months.  I
have posted about being blessed with a miracle.   Maybe it was meant to
be a short term miracle; we don't know just yet.  Maybe God gave me some
extra months to better prepare for what is to come...maybe I couldn't have
made it through losing Fang just then.  Not that I could now.

Sometimes right before I go to sleep, I think about how much I love him,
and how much it will hurt when he goes.  I get that *something in my eye*
and get up to check on him.  It's like he knows that I am in an "emotional
moment", because he responds with his best ferret kisses, and rubs his
face against mine.  He almost purrs.  The love we feel for these guys is
not easily explained to non-ferret humans...

I am taking him in for another bc test tomorrow; to see if the Devil's Club
has helped raise it up a bit.  If his bc is still around 55, maybe I will
put him back on pred.  My vet thinks that if he is acting spiffy, that we
shouldn't put him back on it.  (Spiffy here does not mean rough playing; it
means that when he is up to check things out, he often wants to go outside,
and make his rounds around inside the house.  He still goes up and down the
stairs to the second floor several times a day.

I have noticed, however, that he often pauses during some escapades to lay
down just to *catch his breath* for a brief moment.  More of the rear end
taking a break, than actual hind leg weakness.  Does this make sense?  Or
is it the same thing?  He seems more out of breath from excersise than
anything else, but I am not sure.  I don't know if that is due to his being
a tad overweight, or if it is insulinoma .  I was told three months ago
that his heart sounded great.  He hasn't danced for over ten months, but he
seems very happy and content with all the love and attention he receives.
I think the love and Bob's Gravy has kept him going .

Please, those of you who have experience with Devil's Club, let me know
what you think.  Anyone else with opinions or advice, please write to me.
I am always willing to learn more if it means helping a friend with fur.
I just hate to get him back on pred; he was up to one ml. twice a day last
year, (gradually increased after his surgery), and he was uncomfortably fat.

Hugs and Happy Tails to you all,
Lizzi who never knows enough stuff