From:
Elesha Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:32:13 -0800
Hi,
My name is Elesha and I don't often post but do read all posts.  First I
would like to explain that this post is not regarding my ferret, Gidget,
but her playmate, our little shih-tzu, Gabby.  I am posting here for
anyone to help us fight our battle.  Please let me say that what I am
about to post is not representitive of all dog groomers, just the one I
am talking about at this time.....are you all ready for this?  Here
goes,...

On Thursday morning (2-19-04) I took our adopted gabby girl (2 yo female
7lb shih-tzu) to a new groomer that happened to be located exactly right
next door to my vet, so I felt pretty safe that she would be treated well
( I have heard alot of horror stories about groomers getting a little
rough with the animals).  Anyway, I picked her up at 1:00 and they
explained that she was tender around her mouth and they tried to look in
her mouth but she wouldn't let them.  Also they were a little strange in
how they carefully as if with a china doll brought her to me, but I 'm
thinking ok, so they are really nice and caring....wrong!  I bring Gabby
home, go back to work and later that evening I notice that she cannot
chew her food and she seems really sad and tired, so the next day, Friday
I took her to my vet, also at this time, she is a little constipated so I
had the vet check both things....ok, to make a very long story short, my
vet calls me and informs me that Gabby has a broken jaw.  I rush back to
her office and authorize her to do the needed surgery.  Later that
evening, I get the second call "Gabby has stopped breathing and her heart
rate has dropped drastically"  They had to cease the surgery and bring
her out of the anesthesia.  Thank God my Vet is awesome, Gabby is ok
today.  After all kind of testing on her blood she had stress colitis and
of course the broken jaw, which we found out later is broken in 2 places.
The groomes of course insists that she came in that way, but the dr.
tells me she would have had to be either hit by a car, or dropped from a
high place or some sort of blunt trauma to her face.  We took Gabby home
to try to relax her and medicate her over the weekend, but she is back in
the dr.'s office for her surgery today......

Please pray for Gabby this morning and if anyone knows of something I can
do to shut this groomer down or prevent this from happening to someone
elses loved one, please, please help me.  In the state of Texas it
appears that no attorney really wants to bother with this, after all it
is only a dog....to them.

Thanks,
Elesha and Phillip and Gabby
[Posted in FML issue 4432]