From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 08:37:31 -0700
I am very sadden to say that little Duffer has crossed over the bridge.
Duffer and CinCin came to me because their parents had other plans and it
did not include them.  When they brought the 2 boys over I asked them their
names, and their reply was "We haven't really named them", this is after 5+
years.  The oldest male was called Duffer because he was the oldest, "Old
Duffer".  So that name stayed.  I name the other one due to his coloring.
They were kept outside in a cage, fed Friskies cat food, and never knew
what a hammock, ferretone, treats or sleep sack was until they came to the
house.

Duffer was pretty fat through the middle but thin everywhere else.  I took
him to the vet and she felt a mass, but I wasn't going to operate on him.
He also showed all of the signs of Insulmonia.  Started him on pred, feed
him a mixture between duck soup and Woozle goo and he was doing better.  I
had to leave town 4 weeks ago and my wonderful new found friend had come
over and feel in love with them, so she took them.  She kept up the
feedings, the pred, and allowed them to run the house and be ferrets.
Duffer moved slow but he was doing much better.  We did notice that he was
losing the muscle tone in his back legs, but once on the pred, he was doing
so much better.

He started going down hill again last week.  He was shaking, and not able
stand all that well either.  I received a note this morning from my
girlfriend letting me know with a heavy heart, that she had helped Duffer
cross over the bridge.  She stayed with him until the end.  She had him
cremated and placed in a pretty ern.  When it is CinCin's time, she will
put them together.

With tears in my eyes and with a very heavy heart, I must say goodbye to
Duffer and let him know that someday we will meet again in a much better
place, where there is no pain, bright sunshine, warm breezes, green grassy
hills to run through, plenty of treats and best of all, where we can meet
all of our lost love ones.  I know he will find my Samson and Jason Poole's
little Sammy and play the days away.

My only regret is not getting him sooner.
L & the 15 spoiled little ones