Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1993 17:26:45 -0400
The Moderator writes:
> Did the volume get to you, or am I a "tyrranical [sic] dictator" again?

First, I'm not sure why you're misspelling 'tyrannical' and adding [sic].
This isn't a misspelling I remember making, nor is it significant except as
a form of humiliation.

[In article 329 you wrote:
    >not have to deal with a tyranical moderator.  Thanks
I remembered wrong.  It was "tyranical [sic] moderator".  My apologies.
Form of humiliation?  Perhaps.  As it was in issue 329.]

Secondly, I am unsubscribing because Elsa, after 10 years of sharing my life,
died last weekend of an adrenal tumour.  Our vet determined that Elsa was too
old to be operated upon, after already undergone one operation to remove
tumours.

[I am truly sorry to hear this.  My condolences and apologies.]

Since Elsa is no longer part of our family, and since I don't intend to obtain
another ferret anytime soon, I didn't see a need to continue to subscribe to
the List, in which I'd never been very active.  I will continue to be a member
of FURO, and continue to send my donations to the California Domestic Ferret
Association.  Though I may not be personally affected, I still feel that my
association with Elsa was some of the most pleasant time of my life (I
actually miss tiny scratches on my arm at 4am telling me it's play time.)
I'll do what I can to correct public misperception.  (I recently had a talk
with the director of the San Francisco Zoo Animal Resource Center, who was
telling people that ferrets are wild animals, and put her in contact with the
CDFA.)

But as for the mailing list, yes, please unsubscribe me.

Ron
--
Ron 'Coyote' Lussier               /|                  Software Transformation
[log in to unmask]                    / |         1601 Saratoga-Sunnyvale Rd, #100