From:
rebecca klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 21:31:33 -0700
Hi Chana.  Thanks for writing.  While I agree that by purchasing the
ferrets from the Pet Shop of Horrors I will be providing money for the
shop to buy and mistreat even more ferrets, but I simply could not leave
them there.  The owners of this shop are in this business for the money
and nothing else...my concerns are much, much different.  I cannot buy
each and every mistreated ferret that I run across in a pet shop....but I
will buy those that I can.  Each one that I retrieve from a shop is one
more that will have a happy and healthy life with a loving family that
won't leave them in unairconditioned rooms, soaking in their own waste
and eating cheap cat food.

I did weigh all of your thoughts and the pros and cons of giving my money
to these hacks, but the welfare of these three ferrets far outweighed the
negative aspects my purchase.  I'd gladly do it again. :)  I did in fact,
contact the ASPCA and Animal Control and both promised to investigate.
Who knows when that will be or how in depth the investigation will be.
I'm also working on spreading the word about the conditions of this shop.
Let's hope that does the trick.  If not, I'll come up with something else
to close them down, if I can. :)