From:
Micheal Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2010 01:45:53 -0700
Greetings everyone,

I think this will be my maiden posting on the FML...I just noticed a
lot of discussion on the no grain ZuPreem lately and want to share a
link to a website I have found very useful for many subjects of
knowledge and one of them is a food chart they have up at
www.ferret-universe.com/care/food.asp

I doubt that the new ZuPreem no grain food will be listed yet but there
are many others that are really good. Natural Gold is one of the ones
we found listed when searching for good feeds to include in our mixture
that we offer our rescues. We decided to mix several good ones so if
there were a recall on any of the feeds we use, there will still be
others they consider food as some ferrets imprint very strongly in
their first year of life. Some of ours only wanted cheap cat food like
they were fed at the home they came from before their human had (or
wanted) to relieve themselves of their responsibility for whatever
reason. The Natural Gold and Dr's. Foster & Smith Natural, listed as:
"The Ferret Store Superior Choice Natural" seemed to be generally
accepted by even the most finicky ferret we ever took in and these two
or one or the other even re-grew hair on one that came with a bald tail
but wasn't adrenal in the least. We figured it must have been from
malnutrition. I hope this helps someone out there.

One last thing...We have an older boy, Jack that was neglected so badly
that he spent his first & many years of life in a small cage because
he was bought for a 5-7 year old child who lost interest very quickly.
He came down with IBD while incarcerated and never saw a vet for it.
We've had him for just over 1 & 1/2 years and he is now having symptoms
of Insulinoma but is being treated for both of those problems except
his atrophied hind legs from so many years of neglect and IBD make it
difficult for him to get around. If anyone out there has one of those
Ferret Flyer Wheelchairs that they no longer need due to whatever
reason, probably a heart-breaking one, Jack will be needing one pretty
soon. He can still get around now but it is difficult for him. If Jack
got blessed with a wheelchair, I know it would put a smile on a little
old man ferret's face.

Thanks for reading my first post...Sorry there's so much of it...<lol>

Sincerely,
Micheal Forrest,
Ferret Rescue and Adoption of South Texas
www.ferretrescueandadoption.com