From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2008 01:04:41 -0700
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-471021

One time a sable of mine, Kieran, got out and started living with the
rescues in their cage. I wondered why I suddenly had one extra sable
rescue, but assumed it was dropped off and cared for by my fiance. Then
I saw that Kieran, one of my personal ferrets, was missing! It only
took me a little while to realize that it was in fact, Kieran (I never
said I was smart!).

But the problem was - now he smelled like "outsiders" to the personal
ferrets. They attacked him. I tried bathing him and it didn't work. So
I took Grey and another personal and rubbed their butt on Kieran and
their neck and belly. It worked.

I ran across this article about meerkats and wondered if perhaps it
would do the same type of thing - buy some time for ferrets to get
along and start to like each other. I believe that the majority of
fighting is caused by "not smelling right", at least in my house.

Laryssa