From:
Pat BAby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2012 09:27:12 -0700
What ferret people consider normal, many non ferret people consider a
bit strange. I was fostering 2 little girl ferts for about 6 months.
They were part of our family here, then one day the perfect family came
along and took them to their forever home. They couldn't be happier and
have a great home with the best people. About once a month their Mom
brings them over for a play date. Most non ferret people just smile and
say you've got to be kidding. I have 5 ferrets of my own and when these
two little girls come in, the party is on. My tiny girl Sami is so
excited her friends are here, she just dances up a storm. It is about
2 hours of non stop chase and play. Up the stairs, down the stairs in
and out of the ferret room and just go, go, go.

I also had a roommate for a number of years. When she left to attend
school in a neighbouring town about 1.5 hours away, she took her lazy,
laid back, boy Pippin with her. I invited her and her boyfriend to come
at Xmas time for dinner and it was natural to assume that Pippin would
also visit. Her boyfriend, who is a ferret tolerator, thought this was
bizarre to take a ferret to a dinner party with you.

I know it does seem strange to non ferret people, but these guys enjoy
the change of scenery and reuniting with old buddies.

--
Pat BAby
Everything will be alright in the end!