Date:
Sun, 27 May 2007 07:37:45 -0400
Iam looking for any suggestions on a hairball remedy that is suitable
for a ferret with insulinuma. My Gabriel is battling bi-lateral adrenal
tumors, a heart condition (heart rate of about 85 rather than the 180 -
200 beats for a normal ferret), and low BG (about 35). He is currently
on Diazoxide (2X daily) and Enecard (1X daily) with supplemental
feedings of ADV w/chicken baby food (2X daily). Since being diagnosed
in January, he is doing remarkably well. He is maintaining a weight of
2.2 lbs. (normal for him) and continues to eat, play and dook with him
buddies. He is eating kibble on his own, but looks forward to his
"extra" feedings.

With his low BG, I am concerned about giving him any of the usual
hairball remedies, as I know they must contain more sugar than he
should have. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be most
appreciative of hearing them.

On a closing note, I would ask the Guadian of Hope to pray for all
animals, who are currently in abusive situations. My heart aches for
the ferrets, cats, dogs, etc. who are the victims of man's cruelty.

Phyllis Spy