Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:25:31 EST
Hello Everyone,

First off I'd like to thank all of those who e mailed me and said prayers
for Oscar, I'd just like to give you all a quick update.  Oscar was
brought in on Monday and I recieved a call about 11 am from my vet after
he was opened up.  Turns out that poor Oscar didn't have an enlarged
left adrenal tumor, it was the right one :S AND the vet also found a
very large mass on his liver AND 2 Pancreatic masses...the vet was also
concerned that he wouldn't be able to safely keep him under long enough
to perform all the procedures should I choose to let him.

To make a long story short I decided to go through with all the surgeries
and left it up to the vet when stop and we'd make another appointment
later for the rest if need be.  Turns out the mass on the liver was
cystic and was removed easily (but he lost the entire lobe but keeps gall
bladder function), the right adrenal was very large but my vet was able
to safely remove 3/4 (stupid vena cava), and both pancreatic masses were
removed completely.

The vet kept him overnight because he was worried about his pancreas
being over stimulated and wanted to keep an eye on him.  Though we are
still waiting on the biopsy results, Oscar has been improving steadily
and has even come out to play with his girlfriend Chobi for a couple of
minutes.  He still tires easily but everyday is a little better and best
of all, his incurable diaheria is gone completely.  So thanks again
everyone, Oscar is VERY appreciative.

Lisa and The Diabolical Dozen