From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 23:55:37 -0500
I found this little article in the Publix quarterly circular and thought
that everyone would benefit from it.  I think it applies across the board
to all pets including ferrets.  Unfortunately, with the holiday season
approaching, people are rushing out to buy pets for themselves and their
families without much thought.  Maybe this could be passed on to help stop
folks from making uneducated pet purchases.  As always, encourage shelter
adoptions! :-)  As a note to the article, maybe include gift certificates
for a shelter or maybe a donation to a local shelter in the name of the
recipient!

Merry Dookmas!
 -------------------------------------
 TO GIVE OR NOT TO GIVE

We all want to get the perfect holiday gift for each of the special people
in our lives.  Although a pet is a wonderful addition, remember, when you
select a pet for someone outside your family, you're making a 10 to 15 year
commitment for the recipient.  One alternative is to give the person a gift
certificate for the purchase price of a pet.  If they are definitely
getting a pet soon, you may want to give them a pet gift basket filled with
toys, care and training manuals, bowls, and supplies.  If your family is
planning on choosing a pet soon, it's best to bring the newcomer home when
more time can be devoted to him.  Adjustments have to be made by everyone,
including Rover or Kitty, so it would be better to bring him home after the
decorations have come down.

                        Author Unknown

April "LOVES" Ferrets

L una