From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2010 20:54:19 -0700
Dear Mr. Gruber:

With regard to a comment made on this forum yesterday, I'd like to
thank you for not practicing censorship, but rather allowing people to
express themselves and likewise allow rebuttals to further posts. I
think valid points were made in the responding two posts, but I do
take offense to a suggestion that you should have censored the post.

I was not offended by this post. Why not, because I looked at it from a
point of view of the government hypocrisy that exists in this country
and because through the use of literature P & P's Dad made fun of the
government in an anthropomorphic way. That is usually good for a laugh.
Sometimes the truth is a hard pill to swallow, but somedays, if we can
laugh and be more like the ferrets - who in many cases understand so
well how it is to be the underdog in need of help, we can lighten our
load through life. There are days when my thoughts are in a different
place and I too would be offended by such writings, but today I was
not. I used it as a safety valve to help release the frustration that
builds when I see the abuse of many who receive support funds or lie
and cheat to get those funds. Thank you, Mr. Gruber for continuing this
forum without censorship thereby allowing more than one point of view
to be considered.

Respectfully,
Cathy

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3
Hide not amongst the shadows of grief, But frolick openly in the
meadows of memories. sp

[Moderator's note: On the other hand, one subscriber posted a rather
detailed non-ferret-related political statement about the subject. Or
tried to post anyhow. So while perhaps a moderately off-color joke
might be allowed, a political rant which isn't ferret-related is not.
I'm not trying to censor, but it IS a ferret list, so it has to stay
somewhat on-topic, whether or not I share the political sentiment. A
signature line or a brief mention of a political or religious belief
in a post is usually fine, but not the whole post! BIG]