From:
LYNNE SUTTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 20:27:19 -0500
I don't know anyone else who owns ferrets, so having access to this list for
the first time (new computer) is like locking a chocoholic in a Godiva store
after hours!

But I have owned ferrets since 1989, and I wanted to share a few thoughts:

*I think the "licking up" of their humans inevitably followed by the gentle
(or sometimes not-so-gentle) nip to the hand or wrist is intended to be
highly complimentary.  It's a prelude to an attempt to drag the human under
the bed with the rest of their favorite stuff.

*I lost my first ferret, Pebbles, 8.5 y/o, to old age in August.  It was
hard to have her put to sleep, but after all the joy she brought to my life,
I thought it was important that I be with her at the vet to the very end.
When she went to sleep for the last time, I was holding her in her favorite
blanket.  I hope her human's presence eased the move to heaven (which is
definitely full of ferrets) where I have to believe she is stealing ballet
slippers and terrorizing Barbie Dolls.

Lynne, the house-hunter from hell (my realtor got tired of me asking but
does it have a ferret room?) and Pookie, Gotta get a Gund Dreyfuss, a/k/a
Nosferatu Misha of the unmeasurable I.Q.  Maxx, "Who the heck needs an
I.Q.?" Cody, formerly of the Hell's Angels Luke, "those Baywatch guys have
nothing on me..." Chuck, the youngest and the Baddest!