From:
"Henry Lee Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 10:45:52 -0400
Well, sadly, I am giving up on Frodo, my albino, as a biter.

I still love him, and will of course keep him, but he will now officially
be dubbed a biter, and put away in his cage whenever we have company.  He
is now getting close to 5 months, and his biting is getting worse.  He has
ignored all suggested forms of punishment, and almost mocked them.  He
doesnt mind the taste of bitter apple anymore, doesnt mind being slapped
on the nose, doesnt mind being locked in his cage either.

Sadly, Frodo still does not know what he is doing wrong.  He broke my skin
twice today.  Once while he was lying next to me, just locked into my arm
and broke skin.  Then, I reprimanded him, and as soon as I put him down, he
bit again, then ran away playfully.  This is his idea of playing.  Putting
him in his cage as a punishment hasnt deterred him either, he just goes to
sleep, and waits till his next outing to bite.  He bites my girlfriend and
brother regularly, and breaks skin about 50 percent of the time.  His
strength and accuracy are only improving.

I can only hope that age changes his behavior, if not, there is no hope for
him ever being a socially acceptable ferret, and he will have to remain
caged unless I am the only one around.

With Regret,

Henry
Frodo