From:
Nancy Propper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 21:53:11 -0800
I received a few e-mails in regards to a statement that was made on the
FML last night.  It is probably just a simple misunderstanding, but I
feel the need to clarify anyway.  The statement was contained in a post
about a transport need.

>you must either be a member of the FAA or sign up for it and get
>approved (pretty easy).

It is not required for someone to be a member of the FAA in order to help
out with a transport.  I have had many people help out with transports,
ferret owners and non-ferret owners, that were not members of the FAA.
While I encourage people to join the FAA, it is most definitely not a
requirement in order to offer assistance.  Being approved as a member
of Ferrets Across America is not "pretty easy".  All members/drivers
are thoroughly screened.  All those wishing to help who are not members
are also screened.  Personal references must be given as well as a vet
reference.  If references check out, then and *only* then, will someone
get approved as a member.

I hope this clear things up a bit.....I was receiving questions and
concerns about how "easy" it was for any person to join FAA.  If anyone
has any questions in regards to this, the FAA, or would like more info
on the FAA, please contact me offlist.

Thank you

~Nancy

=====