From:
Diana Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 21:13:06 -0700
Read something about dominance and heirarchy in a group.  I have 4 girls and
one of them, Blu is a recent addition.  the oldest, Spice (not the alpha)
has taken a violent dislike to Blu.  The other 2 girls have come to accept
Blu and learn to play well with her after some coaching.  Q: If the Alpha
(Chloe is in charge of keeping harmony in the group, why doesn't she come to
Blu's defense when attacked vehemently by Spice?

I just LOVE the "Stink Is Status" idea and am going to try it ASAP!

About dreaming.  When I got little Blu she had many dreams in my lap as I
was writing on the FML (Got a few disgusted looks from her when the
keystroke noise woke her from her revelry).  She reacted much as I had seen
my dog react; feet wiggling & whole body twitching.

To Sera, about treats.  you'll never kno what they'll like!  My 1st 3 won't
touch anything but ferretone and Iams.  My Blu loves pizza sauce and wine (I
don't let her have it but sometimes it 'finds' her; or she 'finds' it
<GGG>).  Guess I shoulda named her Guido...

California busts.  And I'm not talkin plastic surgery here!  I live in CA
and I read constantly about all the unfortunate circumstances by which
ferrets are taken and destroyed (destroying not just the loved one but the
whole "fam" as well).  I would just like to say, I am most fortunate.
Everyone I have allowed to see my girls, the photos I have shown at work and
have displayed on my 'pooter' have always rec'd positive reactions.  I even
have people bringing me Ferret "souveniers" (ie.  Ferret Xing signs, etc...)
that they have bought at swap meets and other places in CA.  At present, my
next door nieghbor is a cop (excuse me...police officer) who knows nothing
of My Family.  The moral of this story...trust only those you know and make
enemies of no one in CA.  This is a brutish place.  You'll find many good
hearts, but just as many mean.  Remember, litigation is rampant here and
there is a reason (or a "tort" of people); why, that is.

To the Air Force. Obviously the Army is in cahoots with the CA Gov't.

To Mo Bob.  Yes, Bob there is a Santa Claus <GGG>.  He was a ferret owner
too (and all to willing to put up with the inconvenience of pooping and
chewing and...the list goes on).  Santa used to ask his fuzzbutts and
poopheads to drop down the chimney <GGG> so they could deliver presents to
ALL the KITS in the world...thus, the answer to the question: Just how does
Santa get down the Chimney???!!!  BTW...paper bags and dryer hoses are quite
compact ...aren't they???<G>

All for now.  my prayers to the sick, recovering and to those who have
suffered a loss--

here's dookin at ya

                 Chloe,   Blu,    Spice  &  Chanel