From:
Katrina Ramsell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 1996 10:06:25 -0500
Hi!
I just wanted to let you all know that I've been accepted to vet school at
Michigan State University and will graduate with the Class of 2000.  I have
had ferrets for 10 years and this is my second year with the FML.  I plan to
specialize in exotic animals, especially ferrets.  Fortunately I have been
volunteering for Dr. Brown in Chicago one day a month for a year and have
seen many cool ferret surgeries.  Hopefully my experience with Dr. Brown
and my Ph.D in pharmacology (I will finish it sometime this year) will help
me be an even better vet some day.  Right now I have 3 ferrets, 2 rats, a
chinchilla, a hamster, and a prairie dog, and I'm always trying to learn
about as much animal stuff as I can.  Last weekend I went to the MEPS
(Midwest Exotic Pet Seminars) conference in Chicago.  It was wonderful, and
I would highly recommend it to any vets or vet students interested in
ferrets and other small exotic animals.  I'm just so excited I had to tell
you guys!  :)

Katrina Ramsell

P.S.  I'm really looking forward to the 10th anniversary party and will do
my best to make it.  I was wondering if somewhere more central, like Kansas
City, would be an easier (and cheaper) place for people to get to than
Florida.  Or maybe we should try to have it where there is already a large
cluster of FMLers.