Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:00:45 -0400
>Are there any other reasons why a ferret might vomit other than blockage?

Sure.  My Scooter vomitted (and dry heaved) last year when he had
helicobacter.  My Paddington vomitted a few times last month when he had
his undiagnosed-but-probable-liver-infection.  Scooter also vomits on
occassion if he plays hard too soon after eating (i.e., when he or
Paddington decide to get into a wrestle fest right after a BIG meal), and
they both will vomit if they "pig out" too much on any given treat.
(Needless to say, I try to avoid this ..  but there have been occassions
they have been sneaky and gotten more of something than I intended).

I would imagine any condition which produced vertigo (ear injury or
infection, head injury, car sickness, etc.) could produce vomitting, too.

- Ela