From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 11:47:54 +0100
Sandee please make sure that Dax finds her brother Daniel.

Dax was 6 years old when she put to sleep to save her dignity.  She had
been ill since '99, and in spite of numerous tests and seeing different
veterinary surgeons no one came up with the cause or a treatment for Dax's
problem.  I am hoping the post mortem will shed some light on what was
wrong.  I believe that most of her internal organs and brain have been sent
to a path lab for tests.  When I asked for the return of her body the vet
did point out that she would have to open Dax's skull.  Dax looks OK the
vet has done a nice job of stitching up the incisions.  My main concern
is that we find out what was wrong with Dax - that way if another ferret
presents with similar symptoms to Dax's that ferret might be able to
receive a course of treatment that would help.

I will post the results of the PM to the FHL.

--
Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare & N.F.W.S. News Editor.