From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2011 19:09:53 -0700
Last Fall, I went through training to be a volunteer and a foster Mom
to ferrets at Lollypop Farm, our Human Society of the Greater Rochester
(NY) area. This is a private organization, it receives no federal or
state funding and is a no kill shelter. Since that time I have branched
out to train for dog walking, fostering dogs, gerbils (in addition to
ferrets) and volunteering in one of the four on-site adoption locations
as well as a variety of opportunities that pop up.

I can't tell you how appreciative I am of Ann and Vanessa Gruden of
F.A.C.T. for the input they provided me about working with shelters.
Not all my moments of sailing along at Lollypop have been in smooth
waters, but in the end all the critters I have helped survived and have
gone to better places than they came from - for this I am so thankful!!

Thursday was Priceless Purrs day at all four adoption locations.
Basically, that meant for one day only you could adopt a kitten or cat
for nothing! What a wonderful success the day was as 104 cats, 8 dogs,
1 rabbit and 1 bird all got new homes. No ferrets got homes, but no
ferrets are currently in house.

It just made me feel good to share such a positive event here as so
often we hear how some shelters are after every penny when our ferret
rescuers try to get them into a shelter that knows ferrets and proper
ferret care. It is great when folks can think outside the box and come
up with such innovative ways to help needy animals get homes. Having
good financial and PR people on board helps as well.

Just wanted to share some good news;
Cathy

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3