From:
Onyx and Shamrock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 22:33:35 -0600
Hope someone can help...

One of my little guys is having really strange poop tonight.  I found two
large mostly unformed stools in the bathroom, thought at first it was too
large to be ferret poop and was starting to worry about the cats, but then i
found another one that had to be ferret poop....

Anyway...  large, normal colored but mostly unformed stools with a very
mucousy look to them and streaks of bright red blood.  Several of my guys
are down with colds, and the vet has me giving antibiotics to the worst
sneezers to help prevent any secondary infections.  The drug is an oral
suspension of Vibramycin 25mg/5ml, one dropperful (teaspoon?) daily for 10
days.  Could this be contributing to the irritated bowel?  There were only 3
ferrets loose at the time, so we have an idea which one did it, and they
have each been put in isolation until we can pinpoint the culprit.  All are
acting/playing normally and eating/drinking.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Help, please....

val