From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 14:01:15 EDT
>I keep seeing the references about Sandee meeting new arrivals at the
>Bridge.  I do not mean to re-open old wounds, but is there a story behind
>this???  A site???

Hi--
Below is the story of the Rainbow Bridge, which seems to have originated
from ancient myths in several traditions.

Sandee, whose predecessor was Skeeter, is a ferret on the 'other side' of
the Bridge who welcomes ferrets who have recently crossed over.  So Sandee
is an FML tradition, though the Rainbow Bridge story has been around a long
time.  Whether or not you believe in life after death, lots of people find
comfort in reading Sandee's messages that their little ones have made it
safely to the other side and are enjoying themselves in their new life...

Best wishes,
Ronnie

Rainbow Bridge
There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth.
It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of it's many colors.
Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge, there is a land of meadows, hills
and valleys with lush green grass.
When a Beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
There are always food and water, and warm spring weather.
The old and frail animals are young again.
Those who have been maimed are made whole again.
They play all day with each other.
But there is only one thing missing.
They are not with thier special person who loved them on earth.
So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops
playing and looks up.
The nose twitches, the ears are up, the eyes are starting, and this one
suddenly runs from the group.
You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him
in your arms and embrace.
Your face is kissed again and again and you look once more into the eyes of
you trusting pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge, never again to be separated.

Author Anonymous