From:
Michelle Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 07:59:19 -0700
I am not interested in fighting with people about weather or not nose
flicking is a proper form of punishment.  Those who do it will not be
persuaded otherwise.  I just ask that you do not endorse it to others.

Remember that this is the internet and you cannot actually show someone how
to do it the "right way".  Unless you can be physically present and show
someone that you tap this hard and only this hard, how can you be sure they
are doing it right?  You definition of lightly might be different than
mine.  If you tell me to nose flick and I do it too hard because I don't
know any better, well, you are just as responsible for my ferret's injury
as I would be.  If not more.

I know that what you type here is just words, but you are responsible for
every bit of advice you post!  Words CAN hurt!  A tap, thump, flick, hit
are all subjective terms and unless you can physically define them by
example, you have no business recommending them.

Michelle