From:
Susan Hodapp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1992 10:16:03 -0400
I have recently been calling around to the various airlines to see what their
procedure was with respect to carry on ferrets.  My fiance and I have recently
acquired one little girl, but he lives in Indiana and I in North Carolina, so
flying to see each other is a must (15 hour drive each way :P  ).  So . . .
when I called USAir and American Airlines, I got the nasty people stating that
Beepers was not a domesticated animal, and that under no circumstances is she
to be on their planes.  At least AA was a little better, trying to help me
with the shipping (eeek gads) of her via the cargo dept (but for a little more
than my own plane ticket, $179).

This leads me to post this question/plea.  I believe that we should try to
start a letter writing campaign to these airlines (and all others) about
trying to get ferrets listed in their evil handbooks.  I haven't found out the
addresses yet, but if this sounds like a good idea, I will find out who to
write to, etc.

Second question posed : let's say that I have to fly home, and I still wanted
to take a little ferret, how would I do so??  Not saying that I would, but if
anyone has any advice on how to get Beepers home, I would really appreciate
it. (of course, if it were illegal, I would never do it ;)

Thanks for all the help and information,
Susan Hodapp (and Beepers)