Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 12:46:34 -0400
My much-missed ferret Amelia greatly enjoyed hunting and snacking on
large bugs on her trips outdoors.  She hunted large black beetles,
caterpillars, and unlucky moths that didn't fly away in time.  Bugs
smaller than a couple of centimeters she didn't pay much attention
to, but once something was big enough to catch her eye, she was on it.
And it wasn't just the thrill of the hunt--she ate her catch with
great gusto.  The sight of your precious little ferret with writhing
caterpillar bits hanging out of her mouth is indeed a sight to behold.

None of my other ferrets have ever shown much interest in bugs of any
size, so I guess it comes down to the individual ferret.  Amelia showed
more hunting instinct than any of my other ferrets have, so I don't know
if that might have something to do with it...

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask]
http://users.rcn.com/badriya/
blog: http://badriya-z.blogspot.com/

"Is that my business?  Well, what is my business?  Do I know?  Did I ever
know?  Let's not go into that.  You re not human tonight, Marlowe.  Maybe
I never was or ever will be... Maybe we all get like this in the cold
half-lit world where always the wrong thing happens and never the right."
--Raymond Chandler, The Little Sister