From:
Debbie Maddix <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1992 12:28:46 -0500
Hi Brian!
About a year and a half ago I was at the animal shelter on Rand(Melva can
give you their phone number) and they said they didn't take ferrets but
one of the girls there knew of one that did...unfortunately I don't remember
the name of it. I think your best bet might be to call this one to get
names of other shelters that might.

I'm glad things are going so well with Squirt.....I trained her well ;-).
It should be fun to have a playmate for her......I only wish I could get
one too! I think some of the main things with training that I used on
Squirt was to keep her in the cage during the day while she was learning
and when you come home, to make sure she goes the bathroom before coming
out to play (which is how she learned to be such a good faker!)
.......I think if anything, Squirt will teach the new ferret the
ropes rather than vice versa. Squirt was a convenience kit
from the Town and Country Mall........and I picked her mainly because
she was playful yet gentle......even as a kit.....and she did use her
teeth a few times while young yet a firm no and a small slap on the nose
fixed this quickly....

Good Luck....let me know how things go....
and say hi to Anne and the crew for me!

Deb

P.S. Are your plants still alive?