Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:59:02 -0700
>The one I will remember now
>Unlocks the cage and lets me out.
>She saved my life, was heaven sent.
>I call her "Mom"; she's my best friend.
>She comforts me when I am scared.
>Sweet dreams replaced all my nightmares.
>She gives me love I never knew.
>I kiss her face, I love her too.
>She hugs me close, puts me to bed,
>And whispers I saved her instead.

I was SOOOOO moved to tears by this (in fact I'm still crying every time
I look at it)!

Without a doubt, my Sasha & Snowy have "rescued" me FAR MORE OFTEN than
what I've done for them!!  They've been the reason I got out of bed some
days during the series of crises we've been through over this past year.
They don't whine or complain, they've always been respectful of the
home(s) I've provided for them by not ruining anything, they've NEVER
complained through all of the moving around we've done, even though I
know it's difficult on them to keep having to get used to new people,
surroundings, and circumstances; they're content to just run around and
play and eat and sleep, and sleep, and sleep - they ask for so little but
have given me SOOOO much!

None of my friends or family understand why I'm excited to see my Sasha
and Snowball at the end of a long day or why I worry about them when I'm
away from home overnight.  They don't know why my furkids are the first
thing I look for or check on when I walk through the front door and I am
consistently "ridiculed" for the my devotion and the amount of time and
money and efforts that I spend on my kiddos.  I've even been accused of
not having a life b/c I'm devoted to my furkids ... couldn't be farther
from the truth!!!

Well, the reason none of these people understand is because they must not
ever have never felt a teeny, tiny scratchy but tender tongue on their
cheek, lavishing them with gentle kisses or licking away their tears.
They have never found themselves hiding in a closet from a 2 pound ball
of fur during a game of hide-n-seek or have never been chased down a
hallway by this same roley-poley, pint-sized furball.  They must not have
ever had the opportunity to gently stroke a sleeping furkid snuggled
under their chin for hours on end and be lulled asleep by a snoring
ferret.

I love my fuzzies to pieces and couldn't imagine a day without them....
to the author of  "Thoughts of a Saved Ferret" - THANK YOU so much for
putting into words how so many of us feel!

Jennifer and the dynamic duo  :-)