From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:21:41 -0500
I don't know what I missed, but I've suddenly received a couple dozen
requests I post something about ferrets and domestication.  Ok, look for it
soon.  It will probably take 3-4 posts to get it all in.

I will be leaving Monday, August 3 for my short southeast trip, which I
estimate will last about 2 weeks, give or take a few days.  Essentially, I
will drive from Columbia MO to Washington DC, south to Gainesville FL, south
to Miami FL, north to Knoxville TN, and a quick hop back to Washington
before heading home.  I will be visiting the Smithsonian, and university
collections at Gainesville and Knoxville.

I will be home about a week, and then will go west to San Diego CA, north
to Los Angeles CA, north to Berkeley CA, north to Corvalis OR, north to
Portland OR, east northeast to Moscow ID, northwest to Seattle WA, north to
Vancouver BC, northwest to Edmonton, south to Calgary, south to Bozeman MT,
southeast to Laramie WY, south to Denver CO, then east to home.  I expect
the trip to last 6-8 weeks, and will be visiting university collections for
the most part.  If I think I am running out of time, I will cancel the
not-so-important stops, or at least postpone them until after Christmas.

I will be home about two weeks, then northeast to the Carnegie in PA, a
quick stop at the American Museum in NY, and then the Peabody at Harvard.
I expect to spend another 2-3 weeks before returning home.  Then finished,
done, kaput.  ABD!  (Unless I get the NSF grant, then who knows, but not
out of my pocket anymore.)

As always, first asked, first visited, with the understanding the trip is
dissertation related, so the work is the priority.  I will make every effort
to visit all who ask, even for just a short or group visit, but cannot
actually promise anything.  In many cases, I will be leaving the same or
next day when the work is finished in any particular location.  I would be
willing to stay longer, but working on the Bob C Grant requires all haste
be made.  Besides, I'm looking at being gone from my ferrets for 3-4 months
out of the next five, so the faster I get home, the better.

Bob C and 19 MO Furbutts (Missing Simon)