From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:07:51 EDT
On August 26th I posted about a found ferret in Norwalk, CT.  Amazingly
enough on Friday we learned who his mom is.

Sweet Pea lived on the 2nd floor in the building where we found him.  We
was found when inspectors came to check out the basement and first floor
(friends of mine buying the condo).  He walked up to them and basically
said "hello, I'm hungry, feed me."  I took him to a friends house so he
could be fattened up and waited to see if anyone came forward.  During
this time one wonderful person on the list offered to adopt the ferret I
named Lucky or Lucky Man (since I felt he was damn lucky to know where to
find ferret people).  Thank you to Ferret Mom for offering her home and
heart to this little guy.

Fast forward to October 10.  One of my friends is talking to the lady
upstairs and she mentions she recently lost a ferret.  He takes it to
mean lost as in passed away.  He tells her about me losing Maggie two
weeks ago and while they continue to talk it becomes apparent she means
lost is in MIA.  He gets my other friend and they tell her that her
ferret isn't lost it's in the shelter.  They explain what happens, she
starts crying and laughing at the same time.  Turns out Sweat Pea was
lost shortly after THE 4TH OF JULY!!!  This little guy survived somehow,
some way for over 6 weeks in hot and humid weather.

I want people to know not to give up hope that they won't find their baby
but please make sure you do everything you can to help people find the
fuzzie.  This woman asked kids, the mailman, talked to the workers and
the broker but what she didn't do was post a sign.  She did a lot right
but a sign would have helped.  She was never home when my friends would
be at the condo so they didn't see her to ask if she'd lost a ferret.

A happy ending for Sweet Pea and his mom!
Connie, Butch, Maggie - playing at the rainbow bridge - CB and Chloe

"I am sometimes asked, "Why do you spend so much of your time and money
talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?
I answer, "I am working at the roots."  George T. Angell