Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 18:21:39 EST
I was fortunate to have 2 weeks before I had to move in.  So I had time to:

1. Measure my furniture and litter boxes, and figure out what would go
where ahead of time.  Litter boxes went in corners in new home before
movers came and before heavy furniture was placed.

2. Had carpenter in to ferret proof before ferrets were allowed to
explore.

3. Took ferrets with me into empty home while I cleaned drawers and
closets- after ferret proofing was completed - so they could sniff and run
around.  Already had litter boxes down and ready.

4. Was careful to place furniture so they could not leap from a low table
to another piece of furniture they should not be on.  Had measured
everything before hand with this in mind.

Guys loved the adventure.  Large cage was first thing unloaded so guys
could get comfy in their new home.

5. Painted days before the babes moved in to be sure fumes did not hurt
them.

6. Kept bottom drawers empty or filled with ferret blankets or toys in
every room, so they knew this home was just as much theirs as it was mine.

Lisette