From:
DTHOMASON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1993 19:44:57 -0500
Effie Marie--
      So sorry to hear that your little Loki didn't make it.  We were
all hoping a way would be found to give him more months of quality
life with you.  Hang in there.

Paul Williams--
     How terrible for you to lose your fuzzies that way!  We understand
your shock and anger at their deaths and don't blame you in the least
for directing it toward the dogs, though I'm glad to hear you kept
a grip on the urge to kill.  It's truly awful to feel the kind of grief
and anger you do when someone you love dies in a completely unforseen
accident, and I know how strong the urge is to find someplace to loose
it.  Here are the listings I could find for Missouri.  There weren't
any for NW Arkansas.

Missouri:
Ferret Referral Service
Jim & Leah Harrington
5510 Fair Ridge Ct
Jennings, MO 63136
314-382-6327

K.C. Ferret Hotline
Rescue, adopt, info
Dr. Bobbi McCanse
904 E. 28th St.
Kansas City, MO 64109
816-842-3707

Academy Animal Hospital
201 E. 15th St.
Joplin, MO 64804
417-781-8681

I realize that the first two are nowhere near you, but I thought if
there is someone closer that these guys might help you find them.  The
vet was listed under vets who treat ferrets, and since they are much
closer to you, I was hoping that they might know if any of their
customers did sheltering or breeding.  I sure thought I once read a
note on GEnie that mentioned a breeder somewhere in the Joplin area,
but I apparently didn't save the reference.  Good luck!

            Debra