From:
"c.a.g." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 13:42:19 -0400
Hi I have not written for a bit the last time I wrote I was asking for help
dealing with my spookey who was my first little ferret and my favorite
little girl in the world!  she had a minor nipping problem and because of
that I started calling her my little nipper... since then my little spookey
has become the sweetest little angle always useing the litter box never
nipping or biting anyone and the most playful little critter.  Well I soon
decided that I wanted to get a p[laymate for my baby but unfortunatlty when
we went and visited with other ferrets she was afaird of them you see my
little girl is very dainty weighting in at 1.11 pounds and all the rest of
the ferrets where huge compared to her.  so I decided to go with getting a
kit a little boy who at eight weeks weighs .15 pounds and still has red and
blue eyes :) He has been named Boo :)  He is a little darling..  he has his
bad habits as all babys do though one being that he bites but biteing I can
deal with the problem I am having is teaching him how to use the litter
box.  He just flat out doesn't get it.  I have read alot of the articles at
ferret central and I have placed bedding in all the corners of the cage and
the room.  I have even found a way to put a littler box on each floor of
the cage so that he doesn't have any excuse... but it doesn't seem to work
he goes on the bedding he goes in the middle of the floor..  spookey who is
very neat is horrifide by her messy cage.  I have tried rewarding him when
he poos in the right spot I am just not having alot of luck with this..  if
someone has any other suggestions please let me know.

thank you!
christy
and the ghostly two Spookey and Boo