From:
Milliesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 May 2011 04:29:02 -0500
Boy there is a lot of confusion here on which one is no longer produced
and which ones are still around. And in answered to your comment:
"Actually if anyone had done the research and called the companies
like I did more than a year ago", both Debbi and I did our research
but still seem to get conflicting information on Neovac - but the
Galaxie seems pretty concrete.

Definitely they are no longer producing the Galaxie D - I have called
3 distributors that used to carry it and they give the same story, no
longer produced. Also called Merk/Shering & Plough who confirmed it.
I also asked if the produced another straight Distemper vaccine and
they said no but that was the merger part and I understand Merk does
the PurVax. But Neovac D is still being produced, it is still being
advertised on the drug sites. The Neovac DA2 was what they claimed was
used by the ferret farm and I did not ask which farm. Then saw where
they advertised the Neovac D and wondered if they meant it instead of
the DA2 they told me about - which I will be calling first thing in
the morning to see as I just got 50 of the DA2 and want more info
before using it. It did claim it for several animals but in the ad
did not mention ferrets. I will report on what they tell me.

Purevax is the only one produced as a "ferret" vaccine, as I understand
it. These others are canine - which is what Galaxie D was. I have used
it for years with never once a reaction. I started using it after
another ferret vaccine was no longer produced, and I forgot the name
of it.

Millie and her ferrets and Danes
www.txferretrescue.org