From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 18:14:41 -0500
First, condolences to those fuzzies that are sick, or who have passed on.

Robynn said:
>I took the silly door OFF the hinges and put it in storage.  I put up a
>sliding Plexiglas barrier instead, and put a litter pan in the popular
>corner.  I bought two of Wal-Mart's cheap cat litter pans that are $2 a
>piece, cut down the fronts to match so that they would nest inside each
>other.  I nailed the bottom pan to the floor, and then set the top one in
>and added the litter.  I can take the top pan out for easy cleaning, but
>as hard as they try no ferret can budge the litter pan from it's spot.
>It's been a few months now, and I'm happy to say everyone has been 100%
>with the litter box in and out of the cage since then.

Well, you have dumber ferrets than I have.  Mine don't *need* to move the
litter box.  They just go in the corner created by the wall and the
litterbox!  I've taken to putting newspaper down in the entire area.  Scoop
the boxes when needed, but change the paper daily.  Only way to keep the
floors clean and the smell down (my fuzzies get out once per day to
practice "free roam" [or is that "free Rome"?]...for about 6 to 8 hours at
a time).  Of course, in order to get the papers changed, the fuzzbutts have
to get put back in their cages, or they will help "initiate" each section
of newspaper as I'm putting it in position! :)

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns.

---
http://users.success.net/toddl/