From:
Beth Stoker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 07:51:03 -0600
My first ferret was Minerva.  She's around 3 now.  I've had her since she
was 8 weeks old.  She was a total impulse buy.  But shortly after I bought
her I found the FML.  And I'm sure she's liked me more since I found it.
(Thanks BIG and to all the contributers) We named her Minerva for two
reasons.  1). She was so smart and the godess of wisdom is Minerva.
2). One of my daughters favorite shows at the time was Animaniacs and they
had Minerva the mink in it.  The name still suits her.  Even more so as she
gets older.  As a nickname we call her Nerdy - if you stretch it you can
see Minerva at the root of the word.  She is nerdy - you can see her just
thinking about things.  She'll stand on the edge of the couch and I swear
she looks like she is calculating the angle that she will need to jump at
to land on the spot on the table close enough to my drink to knock it over
but still make it look like an accident.  And she does some really funny
things with our family but is shy and reserved around strangers.

My second ferret was Frumpstiggle - the marsh wiggle.  She's around 1 1/2.
Now her name has interesting origins.  My boyfriend is a sci fi nut.  And a
long time ago he read a book about aliens and the alien word for currency
was Frumpstiggle.  Well when he and my daughter were having their name
calling sessions (you big poopie head, etc.) he would call her Frumpstiggle.
When we got our second ferret she was 7 weeks and the only ferret that got
along with Minerva.  She was so cute we called her Pookie.  Well it didn't
fit.  She was way to agressive to be a Pookie.  My daughter said it was a
stupid name.  She called her poopy, poofy, pukey - anything but pookie.  So
we asked her what she wanted to name her and she said Frumpstiggle.  I had a
hard time remembering it so I started calling her the marsh wiggle because
it rhymed.  Now Frumpstiggle is a big girl - tottering on 3 pounds, so we
call her Frumpy now and it fits.

Thanks for letting me share

Beth, Minerva & Frumpstiggle the marsh wiggle
in Denver, Colorado